One of the highlights of the recent 2013 ANPA convention was a panel discussion on the Nigerian economy and its implications for health care delivery. Members of the panel included:
- Atedo Peterside: Chairman Stanbic IBTC Asset management Ltd, Chairman Technical committee, National Council on Privatization.
- Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi: Governor, Nigerian Central Bank
- George Etomi: Pioneer Chair, Nigerian Bar Association section on Business Law.
- Odein Ajumogobia, SAN: Former Nigerian Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Hakeem Belo Osagie: Chairman Etisalat
- Prof. Innocent Ujah: Director Federal Institute for Medical Research (Representing the Nigerian Minister of Health)
The panel topic and discussion is part of ANPA’s mission and vision:
- To identify and stimulate interest in all matters affecting the health of Nigerians and provide the forum for debating evolving health issues
- To encourage the development of practical solutions to Nigerian health care problems through strategic initiative and field activities inside Nigeria
- To seek collaborative research opportunities in the international medical community and contribute to improved health care in the Americas and worldwide
- Capacity building – Through our training initiatives, advisory roles, and active engagement with health workers and institutions, we help to develop critical skills and infrastructure needed to run an effective health service in Nigeria and other countries in Africa and the Caribbean.
- Policy Advocacy – We meet with African leaders and officials in charge of Health Care, such as the President of Nigeria, the Minister of Health and other senior government officials to offer policy recommendation to the Government on issues such as HIV, medical education and health care financing.
Lamido Sanusi: Governor, Nigerian Central Bank.
Professor Innocent Ujah: Director, Federal Institute for Medical Research
Odein Ajumogobia: Former Nigerian Foreign Affairs Minister
Atedo Peterside: Chairman, Stanbic IBTC Assets Management Ltd.
Hakeem Belo Osagie: Chairman Etisalat