The Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria registration waiver for Nigerian trained physicians practicing abroad expires December, 31 2012. ANPA had brokered a deal that waived the backlog of registration fees for Nigerian physicians abroad who plan to practice again in the country after a lapse in their registration with the council. The process to re-register is summarized below:
- Complete the annual practising license that can be downloaded from the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria website.
- A copy of the last Nigerian annual practising License renewed prior to leaving the shores of Nigeria. This must show your Folio# or MDCN/R/# or your file WILL NOT be traced in Abuja.
- A copy of your current US practising license showing the first issuing date and the expiration date.( This is to show what one was doing between the time one left Nigeria).
- A certificate of having obtained at least 20 hours of CME including the Program from which you got the credits.
- A payment of N10,000.00 by bank draft made out to Medical and Dental Council Of Nigeria (no abbreviations) for 2013 renewal. For this requirement we can pool the money and buy one bank draft to cover everyone renewing and save on bank charges.
A passport picture with your full name written on the back.
- If you indicate a Lagos address while completing the application, the Lagos office can take your documentation and process them and send them to Abuja and retrieve them from Abuja. If you prefer everything going directly to Abuja to be processed, then someone has to go to Abuja to drop the documentation and return to pick them up. Airfare from Lagos to Abuja return averages about N50,000.00 + one night in a hotel if required about N25-30,000.00 for a 3-star hotel.