North Texas/Dallas-Fort Worth
North Texas Chapter of ANPA was established in 2000 for the following Goals, which are updated from time to time:
- To foster the personal and professional growth of its members through camaraderie and unselfish exchange of ideas.
- To promote continuing education, professionalism and scholarship among its members.
- To promote bonding and friendship among all Nigerian physicians and their families in the north Texas community, including non-members of ANPA.
- To welcome new physicians of Nigerian decent to the community, and assist in their professional and career development.
- To provide education and services on health issues to the Nigerian community in our locality.
- To identify and stimulate interest in all matters affecting the health of Nigerians both in and outside Nigeria, and provide the forum for debating and solving such health issues.
- To encourage the development of practical solutions to selected health care problems affecting Nigerians both in the local community here in north Texas and back home in Nigeria
- To seek collaborative research opportunities in the local and international medical community that will contribute to improved health care in our community and worldwide. We will seek to foster research and educational efforts on the parts of our physician members, and collaborate in this regard with our non-ANPA colleagues both locally and in other parts of the US, Canada, Nigeria and other parts of the world.
Agboola O. Fatiregun, MD
Ariaye Icho, MD
Chris Uche Orji, MD
Gabriel Okpagu, MD
Nere Onosede, DPM
Uchechi Anumudu, MD
Public Relations/Social Secretary
Lynda Mbah, MD