- ANPA just re-signed a memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) this week in Abuja. The re-signing was because the FMOH expanded the MoU beyond MANSAG (UK) and ANPA to include CANPAD (Canada doctors), NANNA (US diaspora nurses) and Nurses Charitable Organization (UK). Dr Fiemu Nwariaku signed on behalf of ANPA.
- ANPA presented the Nigerian Medical and Dental Curriculum template a 140 page document of 19 months of work.To our knowledge no other country in sub-Saharan Africa has produced such ‘homegrown country-wide template involving all stake holders’. On behalf of ANPA, I thank Drs Fiemu Nwariaku, Igho Ofotokun,Vincent Idemyor, Eche Ezeanolue, Benedict Nwomeh and Christopher Okunseri.
- A committee was formed to clarify issues related to licensure, Consumables, Equipment and Logistics. ANPA has been requested to provide a member.
- The FMOH is to streamline the Medical missions to Nigeria (please read the attached Minister’s speech). It is suggested that ANPA medical missions be coordinated with those of NANNA and similar organizations. Dr Acho Emeruwa as Chair of our medical missions committee will look into this.
- Drs Kpaduwa and Chukwumerije are working on potential collaboration with the Nigerian Pharmaceutical diaspora group (NAPPSA).
- Dr Adeyanju is working on the details of our partnership with United Airlines.
- The Executive committee is working out a collaboration with the Nigerian Higher Education Foundation (NHEF).
- CONGRATULATIONS to Dr Ola Akinboboye who is the New President of the Association of Black Cardiologists.Their 2013 meeting is in Lagos,Nigeria.
- ANPA Consultancy committee is now chaired by Dr Benjamin Anyanwu. Drs Bernard Rerri and Wale Sulaiman are members.
- New York ANPA is our latest chapter and held their 2nd meeting 9/2/12.
- The Board Meeting is Nov 2-3 at Gaylord Opryland, Nashville,TN.Please begin your travel arrangements. Look for Email blast in a few days.
- After the DNC, Charlotte HOSTS ANPA June 26-30,2013 at the OMNI Hotel.
- Thank you.