As our Flagship program, we harness our talents and offer services to the indigent and undeserved in our country. This is demanding though richly fulfilling as we “giveback “to our communities from where we started in the first place.
It has three components:
- Medical mission: We provide free medical, surgical and dental care to the underserved and indigent in the country.
- Continuous Professional Development/CME program: With the recognition of the medical talents in our organization, the Nigerian government designated ANPA as a National CPD provider to enable skills transfer and continuing education for our colleagues in Nigeria.
- Advocacy: We seek out and interact with the healthcare stakeholders in the government to lobby for and promote appropriate healthcare practices in the country.
Medical Mission 2022
Presented by: Dr. Osita A. Onyekwere,
Chair of Medical Missions Committee and Co-Chair of Edo 2022 Mission
Charlotte, NC – June 25, 2022
- ANPA’s Flagship activity is Medical Missions to Nigeria to benefit the indigents. Sites “rotate” among the main geographical regions.
- ANPA has 2 types of Medical Mission: ANPA-Sponsored–ANPA organizes and pays for it, works with local partner.
- ANPA-Certified–ANPA lends its name and credibility to groups for mission.
- ANPA/Edo 2022 is an ANPA-Sponsored mission, partnering with EDSG.
- Over 60 Diaspora volunteers across many specialties went on the mission.
- Over 4,000 patients were screened for 2-3 weeks before mission started
- Over 6,000 patients treated during mission, 6 days plus extended care.
- Extended care to complete pending surgeries and more Eye care.
Explore Recent + Past Medical Mission Conferences
Explore Recent + Past Medical Mission Pictures
Explore Recent + Past Medical Mission Videos