Message from the President
I am deeply honored to have the opportunity to lead this great organization. ANPA has grown from humble beginnings to a much respected and admired professional organization representing the interests of a very talented and engaged membership. I honor and respect the vision of our founders who have labored for years to bring us to where we are today. To these great members, I express profound gratitude.
To usher ANPA into the next Quadranscentennial era, my Presidential platform will be built upon the following:
Chinyere Anyaogu MD MPH FACOG
Medical Mission 2022
Presented by: Dr. Osita A. Onyekwere,
Chair of Medical Missions Committee and Co-Chair of Edo 2022 Mission
Charlotte, NC – June 25, 2022
- ANPA’s Flagship activity is Medical Missions to Nigeria to benefit the indigents. Sites “rotate” among the main geographical regions.
- ANPA has 2 types of Medical Mission: ANPA-Sponsored–ANPA organizes and pays for it, works with local partner.
- ANPA-Certified–ANPA lends its name and credibility to groups for mission.
- ANPA/Edo 2022 is an ANPA-Sponsored mission, partnering with EDSG.
- Over 60 Diaspora volunteers across many specialties went on the mission.
- Over 4,000 patients were screened for 2-3 weeks before mission started
- Over 6,000 patients treated during mission, 6 days plus extended care.
- Extended care to complete pending surgeries and more Eye care.
Why Join ANPA?
ANPA member benefits include continuing education credits, leadership and/or committee involvement opportunities, annual meeting discounts, and options to serve and/or support medical missions.
Who We Are
ANPA represents the professional interests of 4,000 plus physicians, dentists and allied health professionals of Nigerian birth, ethnicity or empathy in the United States, Canada and the Caribbean. ANPA provides a platform for medical and scientific dialogue on issues of health within North America, the Caribbean, and Africa.
ANPA week is our annual trip to Nigeria where free medical and surgical care is provided to an indigenous population; continuous professional development training is imparted to the local medical staff; and health care advocacy is done.
ANPA Grand Rounds Initiative
This is an opportunity for interested ANPA members to share their medical expertise and knowledge with our Nigerian colleagues as well as medical students, residents and fellows training at our partnering teaching hospitals.
To kick off this initiative, ANPA has partnered with the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital (UATH) and is working on a monthly, virtual grand rounds schedule.
Telehealth, HIPAA, Coding, Reimbursement and More https://youtu.be/KIkTcYHLFaU
President-Elect Tochi Iroku-Malize, MD, MPH, MBA, FAAFP, a family physician in Long Island, New York, is president-elect of the American Academy of Family Physicians. The…
Swedish Health Services has named Dr. Nwando Anyaoku as its first chief health equity officer. Anyaoku will oversee programs that promote culturally competent care, measure equity in…